Supplementary Material - Mining Billions of AST Nodes to Study Actual and Potential Usage of Java Language Features
by Robert Dyer, Hridesh Rajan, Hoan Anh Nguyen, and Tien N. Nguyen
Table of Contents
- Section 2 - JLS Background
- Section 4.2 - Dataset Metrics
- Section 5.1 - RQ1 - Do projects use new language features before the features are released?
- Section 5.2 - RQ2 - How frequently is each language feature used?
- Section 5.3 - RQ3 - How did committers adopt and use language features?
- Section 5.3.1 - RQ3.1 - How many committers adopted and used new features over time?
- Section 5.3.2 - RQ3.2 - How much did committers use each feature?
- Section 5.3.3 - RQ3.3 - Did committers adopt features on an individual basis or as a team?
- Section 5.3.4 - RQ3.4 - Did committers use all new features?
- Section 5.4 - RQ4 - Were there missed opportunities to use language features?
- Section 5.5 - RQ5 - Was old code converted to use new language features?
Section 2 - JLS Background
Java Language Specification, Second Edition (JLS2)
JSR 59, released 09 May 2002
Java Language Specification, Third Edition (JLS3)
JSR 176, released 30 Sep 2004
Java Language Specification, Java SE 7 Edition (JLS4)
JSR 366, released 20 Jul 2011
Last modified: $Id: index.html,v 1.1 2013/09/20 21:39:09 rdyer Exp $